Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lemuria - Poetry by Lois Daley

LEMURIA
Where I belong is my Lemuria,
Where ancestors, have placed
their feet, toiled and shaped that
which is my heritage
On the soil they left for me
is where my strength is gained
I do not travel far
I seek no distant visions
It is all at my doorstep
It is where the lemon tree stands
Lusty, unbending in all its strength
My muse and I see Lemuria as
Our North, our South, our East, our West...

Lois Daley ( Port Melbourne Muse)
copyright Lois Daley 2005.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Beautiful writing by Lois Daley, Port Melbourne Muse. Author can be contacted through this site for enquiries for original art and words. A wonderful tribute to Lemuria.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is one of my favourite poems. Lois captured so much of the essence of Lemuria when she wrote this. It is very beautiful. Reminds me that it should be in the Tour Office as well as Lois's personal page at Soul Food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home